Asbestos Removal, Demolition and Site Clearance of various process plant and buildings / structures, tank farms, cooling towers plus associated cables, pipework and equipment, within a chemical manufacturing facility. This site formerly belonged to the chemical giant ICI, and although it was used as a synthetic fibre plant since the 2000s, there were numerous difference chemical facilities onsite including:
• Salt Refining Plant
• Acids Plant
• HMD (Hexamethylenediamine) Manufacturing and Crude Pant
• Nacs Purge Plant (associated with adipic acid processing plant facilities.)
• Reaction Plant
• Absorbing and Neutralisation plant.
A particular complication was the need to recover equipment from the Nitric Acid plants and load on to road transport; as well as the need to harvest platinum group metals (PGM) – carried out by the Client’s specialist PGM recovery company, but which required compex programming.
• Demolition of stainless steel tanks including concrete bund walls and concrete plinths
• Complete removal of furniture from admin buildings
• Removal of residue from sump trenches and cleaning with water jets
• Demolition of nitric acid plant including demolition of 4No Weak/Strong Acid Columns in Area 4
• Explosive demolition of polymer buildings