Asbestos Removal, Demolition and Site Clearance of various process plant and buildings/structures, tank farms, cooling towers plus associated cables, pipework and equipment, within a chemical manufacturing facility.
This site formerly belonged to the chemical giant ICI, and although it was used as a synthetic fibre plant since the 2000s, there were numerous difference chemical facilities onsite including:
- Salt Refining Plant
- Acids Plant
- HMD (Hexamethylenediamine) Manufacturing and Crude Pant
- Nacs Purge Plant (associated with adipic acid processing plant facilities.)
- Reaction Plant
- Absorbing and Neutralisation plant.
A particular complication was the need to recover equipment from the Nitric Acid plants and load on to road transport; as well as the need to harvest platinum group metals (PGM) – carried out by the Client’s specialist PGM recovery company, but which required complex programming.
- Demolition of stainless steel tanks including concrete bund walls and concrete plinths
- Complete removal of furniture from admin buildings
- Removal of residue from sump trenches and cleaning with water jets
- Demolition of nitric acid plant including demolition of 4 Weak/Strong Acid Columns in Area 4
- Explosive demolition of polymer buildings