The organisation was formed in 1959, when the present Managing Director’s father started out with just £400. Now, 60 years later, the Company has established itself as one of the largest demolition companies in Europe.
Brown and Mason was incorporated in 1961 and remains a family owned and run company. Our recent audited accounts (for the year ended 30th April 2016) show a turnover increase of 34% to £46.8 million, achieved by our directly employed workforce of over 300 individuals.
We have been long standing members of the National Federation of Demolition Contractors and the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association.
During the course of the company’s history, the types of projects have been varied and have included the removal of asbestos and total demolition of over 50 power stations; the demolition of the first multi-storey commercial building on the Paternoster Square development close to St Paul’s Cathedral in London; and the asbestos removal and demolition of the former Department of Environment’s offices in Marsham Street, London (close to the Palace of Westminster).