3No. major work packages on the site of the 2012 Olympics comprising phased asbestos removal and demolition of numerous buildings and structures of all types and sizes ranging from 1 to 5 storeys. This high profile project also included the dismantling and demolition of 6No road bridges of varying construction over the local river/canal systems.
Before commencing asbestos removal and demolition, Brown and Mason carried out soft strip of various redundant industrial and office buildings on the site. Demolition works included:
• Former offices of Bywaters Waste Management
• Former University of London Engineering Block (Remote demolition with 360º High-Reach)
• Former Parkes Galvanising Plant (involved removal of 7 sunken acid baths, formerly containing hydrochloric acid and other corrosive materials)
• A large number of steel portal framed industrial buildings.
• Removal and disposal of significant amounts of asbestos-containing roof materials